1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

5 ton Northern electric splitter?

Post in 'The Gear' started by Greg Ray, Dec 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greg Ray

Greg Ray Member

Loc:
    TX
    I have been reading the thread on electric splitters and was thinking of buying the 5ton electric splitter from Nothern tool. They have it on sale for $279, just wanted to see if anyone had any reviews on this splitter. Can pick it up local, so I do not have to worry about the shipping. Thanks!!!!!!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. fishboat

fishboat Member

Loc:
    Wisconsin
    reg,

I picked one up about a month back & have only split about a cord, but so far it seems to work very well. I've split fresh red oak up to a good 16-18 inch diameter & same size popular without straining. I have some 10-12 inch elm...wouldn't split that, but I have a friend with a larger splitter for my "non-splits". If you open a charge account at the same time you should get another break on the price. I think I ended up paying around $230-$240 by the time I got done. Seems easy to use & is quiet enough.
  3. Greg Ray

Greg Ray Member

Loc:
    TX
    Fishboat, Thanks for the heads up on opening an acct with Northern, I will get my splitter after X-mas. Thanks for the help! Greg
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.