5 year-old Fireview, asking $600, good deal?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a chance on a used Fireview, 5 yrs. old, asking $600, good deal? I haven't seen it yet, just a picture.

Want to heat a 1200 sq. ft. colonial, OK insualation, good doors and windows. I've added insulation to the ceiling of the unfinished basement and plan on adding to the attaic also (HD has rolls of R30 for $10).

The floor plan is somewhat open. I've got good wood, most has been cut 2 years now, mostly ash, some maple, beech and OAK. I have access to free wood also.

Want to sit the stove right in front of my fireplace, would have to extend the hearth though, the hearth is level with the floor and only extend out 14". I'll add 24".

Thanks for the input.

If it is in good condition then that is a steal. I'd still expect to have to put a few dollars into it; if nothing else, then a new cat but that is only a bit over $100, Be sure to check seals, gaskets, door fit, check for cracks in stone, etc. Woodstock also sells a kit for the Fireview which includes all gaskets, glue, caulking, etc. Get pictures if possible; inside and out. Good luck.

If that fireview would fit in my hearth, I'd be tempted to fly down to Delaware and buy it out from under ya! +1 on Backwoods - if it's in good shape, jump on it.

If I hadnt already bought a hearthstonII for my garage I would probably would have checked out/ bought this stove. I have one in my house since 1998 and love it. Woodstock parts are very reasonable and they give you all the directions to do any repairs. Bottom line, go check out and if ok buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.