1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

5 year-old Fireview, asking $600, good deal?

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by 800camp, Dec 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 800camp

800camp Member

Loc:
    Northern Del. - Mid-Atlantic
    Have a chance on a used Fireview, 5 yrs. old, asking $600, good deal? I haven't seen it yet, just a picture.

Want to heat a 1200 sq. ft. colonial, OK insualation, good doors and windows. I've added insulation to the ceiling of the unfinished basement and plan on adding to the attaic also (HD has rolls of R30 for $10).

The floor plan is somewhat open. I've got good wood, most has been cut 2 years now, mostly ash, some maple, beech and OAK. I have access to free wood also.

Want to sit the stove right in front of my fireplace, would have to extend the hearth though, the hearth is level with the floor and only extend out 14". I'll add 24".

Thanks for the input.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    If it is in good condition then that is a steal. I'd still expect to have to put a few dollars into it; if nothing else, then a new cat but that is only a bit over $100, Be sure to check seals, gaskets, door fit, check for cracks in stone, etc. Woodstock also sells a kit for the Fireview which includes all gaskets, glue, caulking, etc. Get pictures if possible; inside and out. Good luck.
  3. agartner

agartner Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Southern NH
    If that fireview would fit in my hearth, I'd be tempted to fly down to Delaware and buy it out from under ya! +1 on Backwoods - if it's in good shape, jump on it.
  4. ddddddden

ddddddden Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central Va
    +2. Very nice stove. Should work well for the 1200 sq ft you describe. Good price, even if it does need a few gaskets. Your lintel needs to be 27" high to clear the flue.
  5. firetender

firetender New Member

Loc:
    south east pa.
    If I hadnt already bought a hearthstonII for my garage I would probably would have checked out/ bought this stove. I have one in my house since 1998 and love it. Woodstock parts are very reasonable and they give you all the directions to do any repairs. Bottom line, go check out and if ok buy it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.