1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

50-50......

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by ScotO, May 19, 2013.

1. BoilerMan

BoilerMan Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern Maine
    Scotty, I have a buddy that we do the same thing. Weekend cutters, he has an OLD Ford dump-body, and I have the Diesel and big trailer. It's like music to hear two saws running in tandem! Great looking wood! The best part is the bonfire with all the slash that gets hauled to the closest friend's place.

TS
    ScotO likes this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. HDRock

HDRock Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Grand Blanc, Mi
    Nice haul there man ! :cool:
    Takes me about 4 hrs to fell, limb,buck n load one tree, but I don't get in a hurry, just get er done :)
    ScotO likes this.
  3. blujacket

blujacket Minister of Fire

Loc:
    West Carrollton,Ohio
    Wow, what a way to start the day! You the man Scotty! I wish I had a buddy to work with. My brother & I will work together sometimes, but he's not as obsessed as I am. ==c I have been blessed to scrounge wood without ever felling a tree. I would like to learn though.
    ScotO likes this.
  4. clemsonfor

clemsonfor Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Greenwood county, SC
    Dang scotty you still havenet got that Living room done! I havent really been on the board in a few months i guess. Still am amazed at how hard you work. I did almost no cutting this winter, got lazy so i need to hit it this early summer hard. I think i didnt work as hard as i got those big truck loads of logs dumped at a neighbors house one load is basically forme. I just need to get over there and get it bucked and split.
    ScotO likes this.
  5. ScotO

ScotO Guest

Clem, its turned into quite the project! The reclaimed floor added an amazing look to the room, but turned into a massive job! Here's what it looks like now. These pics are only half of the room (other half is behind my back in the pictures). Its around 600sq.ft. uploadfromtaptalk1369229607117.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1369229679632.jpg Sanding and staining the floor this weekend.....stay tuned for a thread on the finished room.
    zap, HDRock, BoilerMan and 3 others like this.
  6. Joful

Joful Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Philadelphia
    Nice.
  7. Seasoned Oak

Seasoned Oak Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Eastern Central PA
    Gee and i thought doing TAXES was hard ;lol
  8. clemsonfor

clemsonfor Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Greenwood county, SC
    That room is amazing!
  9. BoilerMan

BoilerMan Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern Maine
    Scotty, that it one nice looking room! Is that cultured stone? If so did you just put it over drurock what do you have for a chimney behind there? Looks GREAT MAN!

TS
  10. ScotO

ScotO Guest

Taylor, all of the stone is natural. I have Class A stainless pipe in that chase (7" Simpson Dura-vent). The stone is hung on a metal lath/scratchcoat substrate. I harvested it off of the mountains around our house. Here's a thread I put some pictures of the chase build on yesterday....

posts #36 and #37..

http://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/building-a-chase-questions.109954/page-2#post-1452785