50-50......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Scotty, I have a buddy that we do the same thing. Weekend cutters, he has an OLD Ford dump-body, and I have the Diesel and big trailer. It's like music to hear two saws running in tandem! Great looking wood! The best part is the bonfire with all the slash that gets hauled to the closest friend's place.

TS

Reactions: ScotO
Nice haul there man ! :cool:
Takes me about 4 hrs to fell, limb,buck n load one tree, but I don't get in a hurry, just get er done :)

Wow, what a way to start the day! You the man Scotty! I wish I had a buddy to work with. My brother & I will work together sometimes, but he's not as obsessed as I am. ==c I have been blessed to scrounge wood without ever felling a tree. I would like to learn though.

Dang scotty you still havenet got that Living room done! I havent really been on the board in a few months i guess. Still am amazed at how hard you work. I did almost no cutting this winter, got lazy so i need to hit it this early summer hard. I think i didnt work as hard as i got those big truck loads of logs dumped at a neighbors house one load is basically forme. I just need to get over there and get it bucked and split.

Clem, its turned into quite the project! The reclaimed floor added an amazing look to the room, but turned into a massive job! Here's what it looks like now. These pics are only half of the room (other half is behind my back in the pictures). Its around 600sq.ft. uploadfromtaptalk1369229607117.jpguploadfromtaptalk1369229679632.jpg Sanding and staining the floor this weekend.....stay tuned for a thread on the finished room.

Gee and i thought doing TAXES was hard ;lol

That room is amazing!

Scotty, that it one nice looking room! Is that cultured stone? If so did you just put it over drurock what do you have for a chimney behind there? Looks GREAT MAN!

TS

Scotty, that it one nice looking room! Is that cultured stone? If so did you just put it over drurock what do you have for a chimney behind there? Looks GREAT MAN!

TS
Taylor, all of the stone is natural. I have Class A stainless pipe in that chase (7" Simpson Dura-vent). The stone is hung on a metal lath/scratchcoat substrate. I harvested it off of the mountains around our house. Here's a thread I put some pictures of the chase build on yesterday....

posts #36 and #37..

https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/building-a-chase-questions.109954/page-2#post-1452785

Status
Not open for further replies.