$50 moment of truth

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisasst

Minister of Fire
Aug 13, 2008
cortland ny
Here is an update on my original thread...
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/71659/

Fired it up today for a test burn... Here are the pics and results ( If admin can make these pictures smaller, go head, I can't firgure it out.)

100_0471.gif
100_0472.gif

100_0474.gif
100_0478.gif

100_0475.gif

100_0477.jpg
100_0479.jpg

Not sure how long it takes to really heat up, I only had it burning gor about 45 minutes or so. I was get about 160 °F with both knobs set around 1/2. Was getting about 170 °F with the pellet feed 3/4 up. Seems low. The blower is definitely more powerful than my kozi.

Chris, it may take some fiddling with it to optimize the burn, but otherwise, for $50 the fact that it actually works as good as it does can only be a bonus.

Keep us updated in the fall how it does.....congrats on a steal. ;-)

I may have to replace the damper. I have all I can do to push it in and out. It is a little bent and rusty.

Very Nice stove Chris. I am guessing you are already done cleaning and lubricating everything. Did you have to buy any replacement parts? Or did it just need a Clean and Lube??

Around 200 is what I get on Low for the Quad. Never measured after 45 mins, but that seems about on track with what you got. Takes about an Hour from a Cold Start to get up to Full Operating Temp.

Looks Great, Are you gonna be adding the Enviro to your Signature now? Or are you gonna keep the Kozi and sell the Enviro? I remeber there were a few Forum members that wanted to get there hands on that Enviro, or possibly the Kozi... Either way, Congrats. Heck of a Deal.. Dont get much better than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.