$5000 Self-propelled splitter on CL

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
!!!

I want video.

Reactions: Nixon
HOLY monster splitter Batman!! Big Donnie B needs that for all his Osage!!

I've seen splitters like that working. Great for firewood dealers with cheap labor available. Compared to some of the crap people want 2k for that doesn't look too bad if you have the space for it.

3G73K53F25I15Kd5Med56cf8ba51369371253.jpg

Holy hell... I have always thought about mounting a splitter on a junk lawn tractor in order to make the thing more mobile though...

That took some imagination

Hell with the splitter, that '55 Ford has got to be worth that in parts alone. I had one many years ago, and tried to replace the funky passenger side door. Looking around at junk yards I found out that I had a really spendy funky passenger door. That is one heck of a guillotine though.

The ram looks disproportionally small. I'm sure its plenty for most splits but it just looks goofy.

I'm assuming you mean your belt size is small and you can swim real fast because of your long arms....:-$

Man, this thread is heading for the ash can in a hurry...

If it stays in the Jr High boys' locker room much longer, it's headed for digital Nirvana. ::-)

I read some where that every minute you idle your car uses as much fuel as driving a mile. No idea if that is true. Myth busters?

Someone needs to call the guy and get some more info. Maybe there is a pony motor to power the hydraulics.

I read some where that every minute you idle your car uses as much fuel as driving a mile. No idea if that is true. Myth busters?

Never heard that but I did read in a fleet management magazine that in terms of engine wear, one hour of idling was equivalent to driving 35 miles at highway speed. Not sure how that translates to fuel consumption though. This was in reference to police cars which can spend many hours a day idling.

Must be a California thing.
Mabey something Arnie started?
Thomas

I guess you could split 6 logs at a time to make up for the speed??

There is a guy running around here with a 70's Ford 250 stake bed and I swear he has a splitter mounted to the back of it.
Looks like an I-beam that swings down cables back up across the gate for transport.

I've contemplated something like this and having the beam slide up in the frame rail area

Status
Not open for further replies.