51F WTH?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EatenByLimestone

Staff member
Last night went upstairs for bed and happened to look at a thermometer I keep up there. 51 degrees! I went down stairs to see what was going on with the furnace. (I only heat part of the house with the small 25Kbtu stove.) Appearantly I shut the furnace off a few days ago when I had to restart the stove and forgot to turn it back on. The little guy was holding the house in very cold weather and high winds with a little help from some fans. I never even noticed the furnace was off downstairs.

Free wood means money in the pocket!

Matt

How many feet do you have in the house, layout etc... I have a small stove too, and the furnace hasn't kicked on for over a month. :cheese: I'm only heating the upstairs (1000 square feet or so, but divided in roughly half by walls separating the bedrooms from the rest of the house, I'm not really laid out for wood stove heat.). The basement gets space heaters, as it gets cold down there. People don't give small stoves enough credit IMHO.

The house is an 80 yo side hall colonial. The main house is something like 60'?L by 24W. It has a wall down the center. The upstairs is pretty partitioned into bedrooms and baths. The stove is in a 20 x 10 addition off the back.

I normally heat the kitchen and back addition with the stove.

Matt

Hey Matt, how about adding your stove to your sig?

Status
Not open for further replies.