52i burn pot upgrade

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Zeus

Burning Hunk
Mar 12, 2015
Pa
hey guys need some info. I’m upgrading my burn pot on a 2014 52i accentra after removing the old burn pot I found a square metal plate. Is this to be used with the new burn pot and if so what side does the seal go to complete the job correctly. Thanks guys.

This is the metal plate that was installed behind my old burn Pot. I might be overthinking things but since the new burn pot is some what different I wasn’t sure if it was to be used. I also have one burn pot seal would I need two seals if I’m using this plate behind the new burn pot. Thanks for your help.

E9E02B95-D0B0-4EA8-BED8-D1E101FFBA4C.jpeg

Hey guys,just in case anyone needs this info in the future,the steel plate goes on the stove first then the burn pot seal and then the burn pot. I also found after I installed the burn pot,that the thumb screw holes in the burn pot were not threaded. This job as simple as it should be turned out a little harder than expected.