55-SHP10 shut down on its own

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kait27

Oct 10, 2013
New to pellet stoves and hearth.com!

Brand new Summer's Heat, 55-SHP10 installed two weeks ago, burned over night for the first time last night, all went well.

Hooked up to thermostat, maintaining 70° on blower speed 9, heat 5. (Low fuel feed 2, low air speed 7.)

This afternoon found it in shut down mode with SD appearing on control panel- can't figure out reason. No e-codes, hopper is full of lignetics. Reignited and started back up, been running normally since.

Thoughts?

New to pellet stoves and hearth.com!

Brand new Summer's Heat, 55-SHP10 installed two weeks ago, burned over night for the first time last night, all went well.

Hooked up to thermostat, maintaining 70° on blower speed 9, heat 5. (Low fuel feed 2, low air speed 7.)

This afternoon found it in shut down mode with SD appearing on control panel- can't figure out reason. No e-codes, hopper is full of lignetics. Reignited and started back up, been running normally since.

Thoughts?

LFF is at 2 , LBA is at 7??

stove probably dropped to low burn due to stat input and then dropped below "Proof Of Fire temp due to too little feed and too much air. stove thinks its outta fuel so it goes to shutdown

bump the LFF up a notch running at LFF 2 with blower speed running at 9 is running on the knifes edge of not making any heat remember when the stat banks the stove it only slows feed to low setting (which the LFF controls) while not affecting the blower speed and running flat out will cool the box a pretty fair amount

Reactions: slvrblkk
Glad to hear it... this is what we suspected as well. Bumped LFF up to 3. Think it's enough?

Glad to hear it... this is what we suspected as well. Bumped LFF up to 3. Think it's enough?

here's what ya do;

run the stove on 1 and observe the fire, it will rise and fall as batches of fuel come in and are burned, the important part of this cycle is the downstroke of the fire, as it dies back waiting on the next batch you should never lose the physical fire, (drop to coals and relight) this makes for a very dirty burn to start with and also you run the risk of it not relighting quickly enough and dropping into shutdown before it can catch back up.

so if the fire is struggling to stay lit between feedings , you are probably dialed back too far

So dropping to coals and re-lighting is bad- we want there to always be a small flame when the tstat kicks in and drops it into low? I switched LFF to 3 a few hours ago, the tstat just kicked in a few moments ago and i noticed, as i was reading your post, that it had dropped to coals. It just reignited on its own. We don't want that?

So dropping to coals and re-lighting is bad- we want there to always be a small flame when the tstat kicks in and drops it into low? I switched LFF to 3 a few hours ago, the tstat just kicked in a few moments ago and i noticed, as i was reading your post, that it had dropped to coals. It just reignited on its own. We don't want that?

no , it will soot the stove up and cause you to have to do deep cleanings far more than you would normally have to , you might want to drop the LBA down as well, you have a high air low fuel setting programmed in and thats gonna be hard to stay lit on the low end.

you are at 3 now on the LFF right? , if so , drop the LBA back to 4 and see how it reacts to that

Thanks again for your help Mike, Englander's support system was definitely a factor when we chose our stove. LFF3 and LBA 4 has been doing the trick!

Status
Not open for further replies.