55-SHPEP TECH HELP

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

petemal

Jan 18, 2011
LONG ISLAND, NY
MY FATHER JUST GOT A 55- SHPEP, I BOUGHT THE STOVE NEW IN MAIL FROM A STORE BUT WHEN IT ARRIVED SOMETHING DIDNT LOOK RIGHT DOES ANYONE KNOW THE FACTORY SETTING CODES I THINK I READ 1-5-1 BUT I READ SOMEWHERE 4-4-1, MY FATHER HAS BEEN BURNING FOR A FEW DAYS AND NOW HE SAY S THE FIRE IS GOING OUT, NOT DROPPING ENOUGH PELLETS INTO POT, I READ BY INCREASING THE THE AUGER SPEED THAT MAY HELP. I WANT TO START AT THE FACTORY SETTINGS AND ADJUST BY MAX OF 2, ANY HELP OR OTHER SUGGESTIONS

I know the stove below in my signture, when I bought it new, it came with a factory setting of 6-4-1.

titanracer said:
I know the stove below in my signture, when I bought it new, it came with a factory setting of 6-4-1.

The OP cannot go by those settings....the EP is a totally different stove from yours.

Petemal, give Englander Tech Service a call on Monday, or you could try sending their Senior Tech, Mike Holton a PM on this forum...his forum name is "stoveguy2esw".

They will get you straightened out.

In the mean time, if he is not getting enough pellets to keep running, try increasing the LFF 1 or 2 numbers from where it is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.