5500m

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

5500junk

Jan 6, 2015
NY
Has anyone got away with fixing blower motor without buying new one???? Can you buy bearing separate without replacing the whole assembly????

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 102
I've rebuilt all my motors, convection and exhaust, for both my stoves. It's a little tricky, as they are not meant to be rebuilt. You can buy bearings, Grainger should have the size you need. From your picture you still need to pull the cooling fan, which is pressed on, to get to the inner bearing. This piece is easily distorted and will have to be epoxied back in place. There is another thread just before Christmas that has info about bearings from ebay.

Reactions: 5500junk
I've rebuilt all my motors, convection and exhaust, for both my stoves. It's a little tricky, as they are not meant to be rebuilt. You can buy bearings, Grainger should have the size you need. From your picture you still need to pull the cooling fan, which is pressed on, to get to the inner bearing. This piece is easily distorted and will have to be epoxied back in place. There is another thread just before Christmas that has info about bearings from ebay.

I know what u mean. My outer bearing been seized up for 4 years now...used all types of lubricant but lately I pull that blower motor out everyday. Tonight I tried something different and its quite running now and very quite... Just not sure for how long...

Status
Not open for further replies.