5510 Stove Pipe Clearances? (New Guy)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chiefmorton

Jan 13, 2011
Indiana
Hello I'm the new kid on the block, been doing alot of reading as a guest and decided to jump in. We have total electric and our bill is going to eat us alive so I've been looking into a pellet stove for our living room. I located a 3 month old 5510 stove with a few bags of pellets for $600.00 which I think is an awesome deal and would like to grab it up before somebody else does.

My question is I'm limited in where I can install it in my livingroom and would like to just come straight out the back of the stove with a 3' piece of pipe through the wall and attach the dryer vent looking end cap. The problem or possible problem is the pipe would be coming right out on the front porch, open deck with covered roof. I would like to hear some thoughts on how much distance should be between the deck floor and my vent pipe, is the air coming out pretty hot? I hate to have a vent pipe protuding 12-18" out the front of my house but I can deal with that. The concern is the wood deck. Any input is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.