5520 Pellet Stove Ash Pan no latch???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

farmboy2266

Aug 25, 2015
fort erie
Hi there,

I purchased a 5520 pellet stove last april and it seems to be a different verison for the ashpan then what I have been seeing...maybe a newer model of it? the latches are like knobs and there doesn't seem to be a way to actually remove the ashpan from this stove. does anyone have this version that can help me with how to remove the ashpan since it does not have the thumb latches like the ones being posted in the forum

Post some pictures if you can. USSC changed the ashpan latches some after the 5520 went on the market. They will send you the new ashpan upgrade kit free of charge if you have the older version.

Reactions: farmboy2266
IMG_20150414_121532.jpg
IMG_20150418_144107.jpg
Post some pictures if you can. USSC changed the ashpan latches some after the 5520 went on the market. They will send you the new ashpan upgrade kit free of charge if you have the older version.

Hi

please see pictures below..they are knobs instead of turn latches and not sure how to get the drawer open? pulling doesn't work lol

IMG_20150418_144107.jpg
IMG_20150414_121532.jpg
IMG_20150414_121532.jpg IMG_20150418_144107.jpg

Hi there,

I purchased a 5520 pellet stove last april and it seems to be a different verison for the ashpan then what I have been seeing...maybe a newer model of it? the latches are like knobs and there doesn't seem to be a way to actually remove the ashpan from this stove. does anyone have this version that can help me with how to remove the ashpan since it

does not have the thumb latches like the ones being posted in the forum

It seems like you need the upgraded latch kit. Give USSC a call @800-750-2723. Let them know the issues you are having with the latches and ashpan. The upgrade kit is Free so worth the call. They recently (within 2 months) doubled the tech call center so if you get a newer tech before you lose patience just ask for a supervisor. All the supervisors are knowledgeable about the 5520 ashpan. Let us know how it works out.

It seems like you need the upgraded latch kit. Give USSC a call @800-750-2723. Let them know the issues you are having with the latches and ashpan. The upgrade kit is Free so worth the call. They recently (within 2 months) doubled the tech call center so if you get a newer tech before you lose patience just ask for a supervisor. All the supervisors are knowledgeable about the 5520 ashpan. Let us know how it works out.

Thanks for all your help...the ashpan is a different version and can't be changed to the latch version and vice versa...it is very easy as unscrewing which I did but didn't know where to pull from lol

Reactions: Owen1508
Status
Not open for further replies.