5660 Bayfront won't ignite

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nadene04

Nov 13, 2015
Pennsylvania
We have a US Stove Bayfront 5660 pellet stove. We have had lots of problems and replaced many parts. We had it running perfect until yesterday, our power went out. After a few minutes, power came back on and the stove kicked on and went through the whole shut down process. Now, it will not ignite. Using either the normal start up or auger trim, the pellets just pile up. Does anyone know what could be causing this? We are thinking we need to buy a new ignitor. Is it possible it got too hot without the fan blowing the heat out when the power was out?

Sounds like the igniter if its going through all other steps. When it doesnt light does it shut it self down or keep feeding? If it shuts itself down I'd say there is nothing else wrong besides the igniter. Clean the burn pot out and try to verify it is the igniter simply by just seeing if it heats up and glows. In the mean time you can always manually light it since its pretty cold and windy here in Pa. If you dont have gel, hand sanitizer and many other household things can be used.

Yes it seems to do everything else normally. We did clean the burn pot and the ignitor does not glow. I did some research and bought some of the gel to light it up. I never thought of hand sanitizer, thank you! I am sure we will end up buying another ignitor so when we do, we can use the gel I purchased to light the wood furnace or campfires when we go camping. The gel works really well and I had never heard of it before. Thank you for your response.

Status
Not open for further replies.