6 inch Brush with stainless liner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burd

Feeling the Heat
Feb 29, 2008
Bell bell Pa.
Well I was out on the roof is weekend putting up x-mas lights and I noticed black powder on the chimney cap so I went out and picked up a 6" wire brush to clean the liner as soon as the weather breaks.
My thing is the steel wires on the brush seem to be very stiff. Will this ruin or put holes in the stainless liner.I now that stainless can handle the heat but it is a really soft metal and I don't want to run this brush down my liner if it going to ruin my liner.
I think that I read on here that there is a poly brush is that for stainless liners.
I would like to now if I have the right brush or do I get the poly brush
Witch one it the best one for the liner poly or wire?

I would recommend a poly. No need to worry about "am I cleaning too often"

Lots of posts about it on here. My feelings. Brushes are cheap. Chimneys are expensive. With that, I'll use a poly brush and not take the chance of the SS chimney not lasting as long.

Rolls eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.