6" offset box for flex liner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PLAYS WITH FIRE

Minister of Fire
Jan 28, 2011
Pittsburgh, Pa.
Things don't do a thing a 30 degree fixed stainless elbow can't do and are a royal pain in the butt when you go to clean the chimney. Outside of that I have no opinion.

The elbow will be a problem because my liner comes straight down and this thing would.........unless I use 2 elbows?

I just looked and the elbow(s) are not going to work. However cleaning can be a slight pain but I can get my shop vac hose, without the baffles in, up in the area no problem.

See the 6" will give me the ability to insulate behind and on the sides better while lining the fireplace firebox with sheet metal. I believe this will give a huge heat gain!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.