6" round Damper placement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

missing link

Sep 17, 2008
W.Wareham,Ma
I'm installing a Little Moe w/blower changing out my 27 year old Dutchwest 224ccl
. So I have a 90 out from the back then a 3' section of single wall is there a sweet spot for the damper placement?
I was thinking about 3to 4" above the elbow connection which is flush with the top of the stove.
Any info will be a great help !!!!!!!!
thanks ML

With a 3' section I'd place it dead center. But be sure you need one. Most of today's stoves and installations simply do not need a damper. All but one of our old stoves we had dampers but our last 2 we have not and have not missed them either.

Little Moe is pre-EPA methinks.

It has a UL rating and passed my permit for the install I installed the damper 4" above where the elbow meets the single wall
to bad it's 80 out and HUMID I'd fire it up.
ML

Status
Not open for further replies.