6" ss flex liner cost

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Always depends on quality and the type/number of fittings.

Flex has actually come down in price - mostly because it is thinner than it used to be. Way back when it was $25 a foot or so retail- so that would be $750. My guess is that a kit with your length and fittings would be closer to $500-600 these days - but, again, it can vary depending on quality and thickness.

I priced out a .015 guage kit today , 25', T, insulation, Armor mesh, adhesive, worm gear clamps, top plate, cap. it was $850

The 25' Magnaflex kit I bought was $540.00 from the stove shop I bought my stove at. Included top plate, cap, reducing collar, and T.

JotulOslo

MountainStoveGuy said:
I priced out a .015 guage kit today , 25', T, insulation, Armor mesh, adhesive, worm gear clamps, top plate, cap. it was $850

Who brand be selling .015 bro.?

Webmaster said:
Always depends on quality and the type/number of fittings.

Flex has actually come down in price - mostly because it is thinner than it used to be. Way back when it was $25 a foot or so retail- so that would be $750. My guess is that a kit with your length and fittings would be closer to $500-600 these days - but, again, it can vary depending on quality and thickness.

Craig are there any horror stories popping up in the trade about the thinner .005 and .006 liners?

One knows when a liner installation is going bad? when there are pieces laying on the lawn, where the forcing them, has pulled the corrugation seams apart. One would think they would remove the evidence? Staging still on the roof mangled 12 section on the lawn. I climb up there. (mind you old house old unlined brick chimney. I required to be parged to help seal all the voids during the gutout and remodeling.) I see the liner comming out the top and I see the liner connection to the appliance, but that mangled 12 foot piece is laying there. Roybi 18volt flashlight in hand,I remove the cap and guess what? I know where that 12" section should have gone, 12' missing in the middle of the liner run. This building is a carrigage home converted to the cafeteria and function room for assisted living for the elderly. Combined 650,000 BTU applainces exiting in that chimney. I mean this project is 25 mill and designers just figured an existing himney was there and gave no though to capacity or conditions. I fail it and request a private mechanical engineering firm to examine it and make recomendations. I chose they picked up the tab. The findings is the chimney in perfect condition could not support 1/3 of what they were trying to exhaust

dura flex from simpson is .010 and its only $231 for 25'
homesaver round flex is $634 for .015 25' roll. its also smooth inside.

MountainStoveGuy said:
dura flex from simpson is .010 and its only $231 for 25'
homesaver round flex is $634 for .015 25' roll. its also smooth inside.

MSG

What's the link to this manufacturer that sells 25 ft of 0.01 for $231........I can't even find 20 ft at that price and what I find is 0.006 thickness....

MountainStoveGuy said:
i priced a dura liner last week that was .010 and it was $300 with the insert kit.
www.duravent.com
cast i can verify that cost for you tommorrow.

MSG,

Thanks. What's the most common method for chimney liners for wood burning inserts: the rigid DuraFlex or flexible 316 TI ss at 0.006 thickness? Also, if one uses the ss flex liner, what are your thoughs on insulating or not insulating it?

ok,
15' length of dura line .010 316Ti is $166
20' $220
25' $275

Insert Kit $100
includes cap,collarplate, and connector adapter.
Stove kit $140
cap, collarplate, T

insulation kits: $424.96
includes
6"x25' 1/2"x22 1/2" foil face flex wrap, small 25' armor mesh, aluminum tape, clamps, and 3m spray adhesive.

You dont need to insulate if you have a masonry chimney, that is on the interior of the home, and is in good working order. You do need to insulate if you have cracked clay tiles, a exterior chimney, or a zero clearacne fireplace chimney (1800* air cooled pipe)

.006 is usualy what you get with those cheap ebay liners, not all, but most. Duravent has gotten real competive with there liners, they can be had for the same price as the cheapo liners these days.

My installer used forever flex liner by Olympia. Its .006 and was $499 for everything not including insulation. It has a lifetime transferalbe warranty though which is nice.

MountainStoveGuy said:
i priced a dura liner last week that was .010 and it was $300 with the insert kit.
www.duravent.com
cast i can verify that cost for you tommorrow.

MSG

maybe I'm misunderstanting you but if you're talking about the rigid, double wall pipe it goes for a lot more than $166 for a 15 ft section. This site:

http://www.firelogs.com/DuraVentChimney.htm

says thay'll match anybodys price and it's about $103 just for a 3 ft section........ am I missing something here?

thanks

MountainStoveGuy said:
Im talking reline pipe , not class A chimney.

Thanks. I did more research and would like your thoughts on these. Note the difference...some are 316L and others are 316Ti.....which is best?

6" x 20' of 316 L stainless steel flex (think it's 0.006" thick), with chimney top kit: $ 289
or
6" x 20' of 316 L stainless steel double wall flex (0.012" thick), with chimney top kit: $ 399
or
6" x 20' of 316 Ti stainless steel Forever Flex (0.006" thick), with chimney top kit: $ 398
or
6" x 20' of 316 Ti stainless steel Rock-Flex ( 0.006" thick), with chimney top kit: $ 385

which is better, the 316L double wall at 0.012" thick or the thinner (0.006" thick) 316Ti?

I did some analysis and found the following low prices for 6" x 20 ft long stainless that I thought I'd share with you (and insulation prices). Note, some is 316Ti and some is 316L stainless. You can go to the sites I listed to see prices for other diameters/lengths.

1) 20 ft of 6-in Everguard Foreverflex (has a forever warranty) in 0.006, 316Ti, and the upper chimney kit, all for $ 397.66 is located here: shipping is free.

http://www.cjshomedecor.com/acatalog/Foreverflex_316Ti_Stainless_Insert_Liner_Kits.html

the insulation kit for this is $258 and is located here:

http://www.cjshomedecor.com/acatalog/Superwrap_Foil_Insulation.html

Total liner kit plus insulation cost: $656 (free shipping)

2) 20 ft of 6-in Rock-Flex (made in USA and has a lifetime transferable warranty) in 0.006 316Ti, and the upper chimney kit, all for $ 385 is located here:

http://chimneylinerinc.com/

the insulation kit for this is $250 and is also located here:

http://chimneylinerinc.com/

Total liner kit plus insulation cost: $635 (edited...they e-mailed me and said free shipping)

3) 20 ft of 6-in 0.006 (lifetime warranty, made in USA), 316L, and the upper chimney kit, all for $ 289 is located here (note: they claim they'll beat any other price on the net if you find a lower one). I didn't see any strap-on insulation kits, only the pour stuff:
Edit note on 31 Jan 2007: called them and shipping adds about $48 to Ohio. Total estimated cost $337
http://chimneydepotsupply.com/chliki.html

4) 20 ft of 6-in 0.012 (double wall, internal wall is smooth, lifetime warranty, made in USA), 316L stainless, and the upper chimney kit, all for $ 399 is located here (note: they claim they'll beat any other price on the net if you find a lower one). I didn't see any strap-on insulation kits, only the pour stuff: Edit note on 31 Jan 2007: called them and shipping adds about $48 to Ohio. Total estimated cost $447

http://chimneydepotsupply.com/2chliki.html

Just noticed this on a UK site concerning flex liners:

http://www.stovesonline.co.uk/stove-chimney-documentation/hetas-guide-part3.html

"Made from stainless steel these liners have a spirally wound double skin construction that has a smooth inner. These flexible liners are specifically designed for use with solid fuel.Double skin liners are not to be confused with single skin flexible liners which are designed solely for use with gas fires which must not be used with solid fuel appliances under any circumstances."

Unless I read this incorrectly, sounds like only double skin liners can be used and not single. The question is, does "double skin" mean what we think of as "double wall" or is their "double skin" referring to what we call "double ply" which can be found in our single thickness liners......

Apparently the Brits have different standards, because single-wall flex liners are installed in this country for solid fuel appliances all the time. I used one for about 9 years and had no problems with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.