6"x10" ID clay lined chimney 7" out of the boiler oval liner?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JrCRXHF

Burning Hunk
Apr 28, 2008
Mid, Michigan
Should i just run a 6" liner with no insulation or should i get a 4.5x8.5 oval liner and run insulation or do the mix insulation.

I will know tonight but it looks like i will need 25ft. Which with cap and all and no insulation on rockford chimney it is going to cost 1200.00

I had to put up a separate chimney for a wood stove I had. went with Dura-vent triple wall class A. They have a modified name but it is still dura-??? but a 3' piece is around $80+/-. I don't think the brackets would be that expensive. Their 3x comes insulated already. If you can do that you might save some.

This chimney is in the center of the house it feeds 2 fire places one indoor gill and then the boiler room. I think i am going to run a 6" pipe and call it close enough. I will run 7" out of the boiler over to the chimney which will be a 4ft run i will wrap that pipe and at the wall i will turn it to 6" before the T. I don't think it will be a big issue with a 130k BTU to run on a 6" exhaust.

Status
Not open for further replies.