$60 cord...my wood...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NHcpa

Minister of Fire
Feb 16, 2014
Honyock NH
I was reading in todays paper a fellow who paid $60 per cord from trees cut on his property. They dropped the trees, limbed, chipped and brought the logs up for the owner to split. I have 2.5 acres surrounded by stone walls and the walls I want exposed as they are hidden behind mixed hardwoods. instead of paying to have cleared, I wonder if this news story might be my solution? going to find out.

What does your insurance company think about random people dropping trees on your yard?
It was a hired tree company...which is who I will be calling for more info.

$60 a cord sounds like they were working pretty cheap and/or they didn't have to bring much for equipment and guys in.

$60 a cord sounds like they were working pretty cheap and/or they didn't have to bring much for equipment and guys in.
$60 is exactly in line with what loggers get per cord at the landing. However with only 2.5 acres you are not going to have enough work give them to cover the transportation cost of their equipment to your property. Nor do I think you will be to happy with how it looks after they drive a skidder all over it if that 2.5 acres is your wooded yard.

Last edited:
I believe a face cord is 1/3 a full cord. I pay $175 for a full cord split and delivered. This said, I was looking to offset the cost of clearing to my stone walls...but as an earlier post indicated, I would need a large tract to get the attention of a logger...and that I don't have.

Status
Not open for further replies.