$60 Oak Score

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2005
NW Wisconsin
Boy did I make out today. A guy puts an add up selling 2 cord of Oak for $60. I figure like most around here he is talking a face cord which is 1/3 full cord but I went and checked it out, turns out to be close to two full cords! I have two more runs to go. My trailer is 5x8 with 2' sides and also threw some in the back of the truck. Only down side is it's 20 miles away but I aint complaining. Mostly Red with a little White Oak :cheese:

Attachments

• 100_1531.jpg
    100_1531.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 407
Thats a nice Score!

You done good!!!!

Nice, if I could buy like that all the time, I'd sell firewood LOL. Great find! A C

This should put me well over the 3 years worth of firewood mark. I'm running out of room and I also have that 150 split score to check out for $35 I need to find room for. I guess it's a good problem to have. I'll have to stay away from Craigs list for awhile.

Todd, that is super! Although we have all the wood we will ever need on our place, if I found something like that I would buy it!

Such a deal! :coolsmile:

That's a really good score.

You have the time to season it properly so you really hit the jackpot :)

Yeah, pretty happy. I ended up with 2 more loads just like the 1st, prolly close to 2 full cords. He also had a pile of branches around 2-3" diameter he said I could have but didn't feel like messing with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.