6039 Draft fan settings

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rosco6039

Jan 14, 2015
Bad Axe, Michigan
On the 6039 when you get into the settings what exactly do the draft blower numbers mean? Factory setting is 270, any suggestions? Just wondering? Thanx again for any help.

seems you have a "4 digit ' board (4 arrows up and down) the 270 represents the blower speed. 500 is Max and well 0 is the lowest. so 270 would be 56% of the max capacity. Careful when you adjust you really need to adjust based on the flame quaility in the burnpot.

Additionally, on pellets, you really need to run the default settings for optimum output. Screwing with one parameter impacts everything else, sometimes adversely.

Reactions: Owen1508
Additionally, on pellets, you really need to run the default settings for optimum output. Screwing with one parameter impacts everything else, sometimes adversely.

Normally true. In some installs and homes some tweeking (fine tuning) can dial in a more effective burn, but I would run it "out the box" for a while until you get use to the way the unit operates. When you are ready to fine tune the unit PM me and I'll give you my extenstion and I can at length explain to you all the factors involved in that process. As SCF stated adjusting without knowledge can adversely effect the stove. It will burn just fine as is, if properly installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.