6041 exhaust fan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

icegatorman

Nov 30, 2013
indiana
I just purchased and installed an american harvest multi fuel stove. The stove fires up feeds and burns ok. But the exhaust motor doesn't run constant it kicks on and off runs a couple seconds off a few seconds. Obviously when it kicks on the burn pot surges then calms back down the manuals very vague. Is it supposed to be on all the time?

I'm not familiar with the US Stove Company models, but the exhaust blower should be running continuously when the stove is on.

Take the stove out of auto and set the draft 2 levels above the feed rate. That should provide the proper draft and stop the pulsing. Minor tweaking may be needed but that is what a good number of folks have done.

Thanks for your responses. If I put the controller in manual the exhaust fan goes to wide open and it wont adjust. I can adjust it in auto mode but then it still pulses. The vague manual says in manual the exhaust runs wide open. In auto mode the auto l.e.d. is on if u adjust a setting the auto mode light flashes meaning its in auto mode with adjustments lol. So I guess the pulsing is normal??

Thanks for your responses. If I put the controller in manual the exhaust fan goes to wide open and it wont adjust. I can adjust it in auto mode but then it still pulses. The vague manual says in manual the exhaust runs wide open. In auto mode the auto l.e.d. is on if u adjust a setting the auto mode light flashes meaning its in auto mode with adjustments lol. So I guess the pulsing is normal??

I believe the wide open is default in manul and that it can be adjusted, the problem with USSC stoves is there have been a number of controllers and they don't all work the same way. There is also a damper that can be used with the stove.

Thank you for your answers. I have gathered thru a lot of reading the last few days their have been a number of controllers on this brand stove. In manual mode the exhaust goes to full speed and the damper is used lol. At least I know the answers to several questions now and it sure wasn't from reading the manual. Thanks again. I've learned a lot quickly from this site

Reactions: SmokeyTheBear
Status
Not open for further replies.