6041 Thermostat wiring?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dragracer300

Nov 20, 2010
Ohio
Hello guys new member here. I just bought a us 6041 and would like to put a programable thermostat on it. I can't seem to find in the manual how to wire it in? Is it possible with this stove? Also what thermostat should i get?
Thanks for the help

You should contact US Stove, the manual indicates there is an optional thermostat for a least one of the models that has 6041 as part of its model identification, it however is silent as to the type of such thermostat and I can't find any connection points on the control board in the parts diagrams. There may be a special connection block/device required. The manual indicates that the thermostat will operate in high/low, I say indicates because it doesn't flat out say so.

Ok i finally got the info from us stove about how to hook up a t-stat to my 6041. I was told i had to use a millistat and it had to be within 15 feet of the stove? Shouldn't i be able to put it where i want it?
Thanks

dragracer300 said:
Ok i finally got the info from us stove about how to hook up a t-stat to my 6041. I was told i had to use a milli and it had to be within 15 feet of the stove? Shouldn't i be able to put it where i want it?
Thanks

They should of also quoted you a minimum wire gauge to use for that 15ft.
Yes you can put it where you want ,just has to be located within the use of 15 ft of t-stat wire, and your stove can be any color,so long as it is black. :lol:

You are working with milli volts so volatage drop is a concern to work/operate the end device. Longer smaller wire creates more resistance which = voltage drop which in your case may = no worky.

Except stoves that have their own stats or probes built in, most all pellet stoves use a millivolt stat. Any brand that can be used on a home heating system can be used. Go to Home Despot or Lowes and just ask for SOLID copper thermostat wire.

I think you can go even a little farther than 15', but that's a decent distance away. Just make sure to NOT place the stat directly across from the hot air blowing out from the front of the stove.....off to one side, or even around the corner of a doorway is OK.

But did they tell you where the d*mn thing connects on the stove.

If you increase the wire size you'll be able to exceed the 15' limit.

It is like us folks who use DCC for model trains, the manufacturers say one thing and we use larger wires so things work further out or are less prone to issues within specification wire run lengths.

You can also get a remote controlled system and mount the receiver near the stove and the thermostat elsewhere.

They told me it connected the same as the 6500 pellet furnace. This is the reply i got.
{Yes you can hook up any millivolt wall thermostat to this unit. The back of the control panel has two connections listed as BC5 and BC6 with TSAT beside it. This is where you hook up your connections. You will also see a black jumper in between BC5 and BC6 that will need to be removed before the thermostat will work.}
I'm gonna try it as soon as i decide what thermostat to buy.

dragracer300,

Glad you posted that. We may get a member that does a search down the road. It just puts the iceing on the cake per say! Thanks for sharing.

I have a neighbor with a 6041, He'll be glad to hear this! :)

No problem I will take the cover off to verify the connectors and i will try the t-stat as soon as the holiday is over and things return to somewhat normal.

Well i took the cover off today and the terminals were there but no jumper? I went ahead and hooked up the wires for my t-stat and pu the cover back on. I still need to mount the t-stat and hook up the wires. Hopefully tomorrow i will know if it works?

dragracer300 said:
Well i took the cover off today and the terminals were there but no jumper? I went ahead and hooked up the wires for my t-stat and pu the cover back on. I still need to mount the t-stat and hook up the wires. Hopefully tomorrow i will know if it works?

Glad to hear that they got back to you and indicated what connections were for the Stat....it would be nice of them to include that in their Owners manual! >:-(

I agree with that. It was like pulling teeth to get the info at all. They still didn't tell me what the t-stat controlled On off or heat setting? I guess that was to much to ask?

Well i got the t-stat working today. I had to pull the side cover off again because of the jumper. I thought it was a jumper wire but it was a jumper that needed removed. The t-stat only operates heat range not on and off but it should still help with pellet use on warmer days.

Status
Not open for further replies.