660 Summer/Winter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
What is the correct setting for the summer/winter setting on the 660, am I missing something.

gibir

Attachments

• 100_3450.jpg
    100_3450.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 274
  • 100_3452.jpg
    100_3452.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 276
  • 100_3453.jpg
    100_3453.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 283
What? You didn't read the manual? I'm only gonna help you by offering to pay shipping of the 660 to my house. I'll fix the setting, then I'll use the saw for a few years to make sure it's working well, and then maybe send it back.

You are not the right side, but you need to fully close it.

XactLEE said:
Should be closed so no air from around the jug can get into air intake.

Thanks XactLEE, and Danno I read the manual and it was closed when we checked it at the shop but if this is suppose to stay open in the winter it seems when you put the cover back on when it is open it actually closes back up.

gibir

eed2e89d.jpg

Took me so stinking long to get a picture posted that you had already responded, LOL

Danno77 said:
Took me so stinking long to get a picture posted that you had already responded, LOL

I guess tomorrow I'll give the shop a quick phone call or stop by and see why when I tighten the cover down it will push the black piece back in when in winter mode.

We hit 91 today.

gibir

Oh, I see your confusion. On the side you are on its supposed to be closed for summer. When it's winter you take that black piece and put it in the other slot opposite and it should be pushed all the way down, there, too.

Danno77 said:
Oh, I see your confusion. On the side you are on its supposed to be closed for summer. When it's winter you take that black piece and put it in the other slot opposite and it should be pushed all the way down, there, too.

I stopped this morning and checked, I'm the dumbass... I was thinking it stayed in the same slot for the winter and you just pulled it out some, the winter slot is on the bottom. :red:

In the second picture you can see the winter slot on the bottom.

gibir

zapny said:
Danno77 said:

I stopped this morning and checked, I'm the dumbass... I was thinking it stayed in the same slot for the winter and you just pulled it out some, the winter slot is on the bottom. :red:

In the second picture you can see the winter slot on the bottom.

gibir

Little hot to choice the wrong slot! :lol:

That's what she said...

smokinjay said:
Danno77 said:
That's what she said...

Right after the big KABOOOOM! LOL :lol:

I cleaned all the saws last night and thought I would check the summer/winter setup on the 660, I'll take the file and sharpen it tonight then Saturday we have some nice ironwood that needs bucking.

I looked at the 391 and noticed the chain was on backwards, glad it stayed in the back of the rhino, butter cutter.

gibir

zapny said:
smokinjay said:
Danno77 said:
That's what she said...

Right after the big KABOOOOM! LOL :lol:

I cleaned all the saws last night and thought I would check the summer/winter setup on the 660, I'll take the file and sharpen it tonight then Saturday we have some nice ironwood that needs bucking.

I looked at the 391 and noticed the chain was on backwards, glad it stayed in the back of the rhino, butter cutter.

gibir

Seen MMAUL do that on the 880 mill and all. About a nice 20 degrees out and nice 20mph winds out of the north west! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.