7/8 in door gasket source

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jensent

Apr 22, 2010
central Ill
Looking for a 7/8 in x 54 in black door gasket for a Lopi Endeaver. Have used a Rutland in the past with only fair results. That is the only brand I have found on line . It sells for about $30. Dealer has a white one for about the same price but we want black. He offered to order one from Lopi for about $50. There must be another brand available on line in black at a reasonable price. What have you used with good luck and where can I find it on line.
Thanks
Tom

You're picky about the color of your door gasket?

northlineexpress.com has a kit for an osborn.....dark gray 7/8 x 8 feet..part# OA11390 $35.00. I found an old hardware during my travels for work in the fall last year that sold dark gray by the foot. I would be happy to get it for you and ship it but I am not sure when I may get back to that area again......could be next week but may not be for several weeks.

Local stove shops sell gaskets. I just picked up door and glass gaskets. They order directly from the stove manufacturer since they sell different brands at their shops. call your local store and see if they carry . I bought mine by the foot and it was a lot more affordable than getting a bulk at the big box stores.

One stove dealer here has bulk gasket on spools and I think it would be much cheaper than the prices mentioned so far. I don't recall if they had 7/8". It is black (graphite-impregnated) gasket which I like to use for any surface subjected to a lot of movement, like a door gasket.

Status
Not open for further replies.