7 inch to 8 inch stove pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spadafore

Sep 4, 2008
northwest ohio
Hey folks another question for the think tank. I currently have seven inch stove pipe. This seven inch pipe was installed with my first stove, a frankin fireplace. I have since bought and installed a lopi answer. Had to use a 7 to 6 reducer. My question is if I bought a stove that required an eight inch stove pipe would I have to install an all new 8 inch flue system. Thanks again.

I have a 7" stainless steel liner, and an 8" boiler exhaust. I got their blessing to put an 8"-7" reducer at the chimney entrance. No problems!
Happy burning.

If you have a tall chimney it probably wouldn't make a difference. Even if I had a marginal one I'd probably at least try it with the smaller chimney before I relined the whole thing.

Matt

I have an old (purchased it new in 1982) small buck stove insert - 8" exhaust. Burned it for many years just venting into my ZC fireplace. I recently relined with a 7" SS liner and connect to the 8" stack, and it works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.