7" stove pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

djblech

Feeling the Heat
Jul 7, 2008
Bruno MN
One of the cookstoves I am looking at calls for 7" pipe. I can get 6" or 8" Class A in stock but 7" is a special order, more $. The class A will go up about 15' to be above the peak of my roof. I am going to build a chase around the pipe. With that height I would think 6" would be large enough. I can install 8" but wonder if that will have to much draft.
Doug

Go 8" if you cant swing the 7". You could try an HVAC place for 7". They sometimes stock it for oil burners.

My grandmother's stove needs 7 inch pipe. I couldn't find any at lowes or home depot but I did find all that I'd ever want at a mom and pop true value. Maybe try looking in some of the smaller hardwares?

pen

Its out there as I know a guy who used it. He found it cheap though at the salvage yard brand new in the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.