7100 FP cleaning and a few questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg D

Nov 20, 2011
Eastern PA
Hi all,

After watching a sweep do the cleaning on our Quadrafire 7100 FP last season (from the bottom up), I got the brush and extensions for myself, and spent the better part of the weekend making the necessary chicken ladders to safely ascend our complicated roofline and cleaning the unit and all 28' of 8" stainless chimney pipe (from the top down). It should be less of an ordeal the next time I do the end of season cleaning and maintenance now that I have the set up. The inside of the chimney itself wasn't bad for burning about 6 cord of questionably seasoned wood, but the cap "vents" were almost filled solid. Now that I am almost done building our house, I will be able to have the time to do an additional midseason cleaning to prevent that situation. Made it through the third season of heating our 3000 sq ft house with just my sweat and time, and I am finally getting more ahead on the splitting and stacking.

So a few questions regarding the 7100 FP:

When re-installing the baffle board, should it rest directly on top of the air tubes, or should it be supported front and back by the protector and square-tube air "ledge" with space above the air tubes?

Are the air tubes different in any way- does it matter which position they go in?

Are the blowers rated for continuous duty? I ask because I am trying to work through a set up for pulling the cooler air from the basement with the blowers and circulating the air for keeping the first and second floors cool during the summer.

Thanks for the help and all of the info and experience!

Greg

When re-installing the baffle board, should it rest directly on top of the air tubes, or should it be supported front and back by the protector and square-tube air "ledge" with space above the air tubes?

— I have a plate that lays on the tubes and the baffle board goes right on top.
Make sure to keep flat and push it all the way to the back.

Are the air tubes different in any way- does it matter which position they go in?

— I think they are all the same. Seems that way on mine.

Are the blowers rated for continuous duty? I ask because I am trying to work through a set up for pulling the cooler air from the basement with the blowers and circulating the air for keeping the first and second floors cool during the summer.

— I would think the blowers would last fine on continuous duty.
I know they say a furnace blower will last a lot longer running all the time.

Thanks for the help and all of the info and experience!

Greg

Look at the Manual if you haven't already, I am sure this is all covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.