74F In The House Now, No Fire ...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dix

Minister of Fire
May 27, 2008
Long Island, NY
Going down to 40 - 45F here in the Hollow.

Dix going bold, first no fires night, tonight.

I could also wake up at midnight and turn into a pyro :p

House is holding its own with overnight temps in the high 40's here. Morning house temps are in the high 60s and warm up quickly with the sun.

I'm not sure what I could wake up to, I figure 60 F at the worst.

Going where Dix has never gone before, lower outside temps, and higher inside temps. We'll see how well the house holds the temps :)

Good luck!

I've got a natural gas forced air furnace and have been lazy this spring. Mainly because my wife and I not really paying attention we ended up in a nearly $1200 credit position with the gas company from overpaying. So I justify my laziness as getting my money back. Lol.

Reactions: Dix
I wish NG was an option !!!

It's oil, wood, pellets, or bust :)

Reactions: Squisher
It's the same as those other fuels though, never feels warm like when the fires burning. I know, I know. Heat is heat and I'm not looking to open that can of worms, but I can never bring myself to set my wall thermostat to 75. Lol.

Did well, outside 40 F inside 69 F ;)

Reactions: Jags and begreen
Status
Not open for further replies.