1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

7mm Handy Viper chimney cleaner vs soot eater

Post in 'The Gear' started by johnsopi, Nov 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnsopi

johnsopi Minister of Fire

Loc:
    MD near DE&PA;
    Just had the chimney sweep out for the yearly cleaning. He used the viper bottom up system. Took him
    5 min. cost me me 135$ I wish there was a group of us that could buy one and ship it each other. How is the soot eater compered to this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. golfandwoodnut

golfandwoodnut Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Pittsburgh PA
    I have soot eater and I am happy with it. Never saw viper. You could get your money back in less than one call.
  3. atvdave

atvdave Member

Loc:
    Newburgh, IN
  4. EatenByLimestone

EatenByLimestone Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Schenectady, NY
    I've read nothing but good reviews for the soot eater. I've never heard of the viper.

Matt
  5. johnsopi

johnsopi Minister of Fire

Loc:
    MD near DE&PA;
  6. murphy0421

murphy0421 New Member

Loc:
    Springfield, PA
    We moved into our current house about 7 years ago and had the fireplace and the franklin stove chimneys swept that summer. I almost laid an egg (keepn it clean my kids are lookn over my shoulder) when he said that will be $250.00. I paid him then vowed to do it myself the next year. He used the handy viper system from the bottom up. So that was where I started my research.

I HATE heights and the easy of cleaning from inside really appealed to me. It was expensive but I justified it based on my fear of ladders and the fact that in 2 years it would pay for itself and in 3 years be saving me money. I've used it every year since and really like it. Some dust does get in the house but I deal with it. I really hate ladders!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.