8" liner and a 6" liner inside it.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

par0thead151

Feeling the Heat
Jul 26, 2009
south eastern wisconsin
so my ZC fireplace had a 8" liner originally, and my stove called for a 6" liner.
will this help in reducing creosote buildup as it is in a sense insulating my 6" liner?

I'm sure others will chime in, but usually you can't just drop a stainless liner inside a chimney used for a zc fireplace.

southbalto said:
I'm sure others will chime in, but usually you can't just drop a stainless liner inside a chimney used for a zc fireplace.

it was installed by a enviro(my stove is a enviro venice 1700, certified for ZC inserts) certified dealer.
the ZC was rated for real wood to be burned.
If this is still a no go, i would realy like to know as the dealer has some explaining to do then...
i have burned for 2 seasons in this stove, no problems so far. not saying there wont be if this is not to "code"

Having the flue liner sized correctly to the insert is going to help it draft and burn better. You will still be key in how the insert runs. Burn dry wood and it should perform nicely.

Yea, I understand there are a few models that are approved for putting in ZCFPs.

Just make sure you burn seasoned wood and clean the stack every 6-12 months. Should be in good shape.

Didn't we have this discussion two years ago? At length.

And after two seasons we should be asking you if it cut down on creosote accumulation. :lol:

BrotherBart said:
Didn't we have this discussion two years ago? At length.

And after two seasons we should be asking you if it cut down on creosote accumulation. :lol:

well i dont get all that much out this season.
the first season i had a bit of buildup, but i was young, dumb, and a first season burner...
I was more curious as I was looking at liners and some mfg's offer double walled insulated liners vs the standard liners.

Don't mess with success.

Status
Not open for further replies.