8 Y/O CSS oak score

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

owingsia

Aug 12, 2013
Saluda VA
Friend of mines father stopped burning wood 8 years ago due to switching to electric mini splits..... blah blah....
anyway he forgot about oak in his barn. We were looking for an old motor he had put in there and found the wood. About 3/4+ cord css red and white oak and another 1/4 cord pine/ beach/ black cherry. There were also some big oak rounds on pallets. going to get it all!

That would be a nice score, and probably some good dry oak. Do you have any pics?

It will burn beautifully. I had some 5 and 6 year old oak and it was sweet. Still a real nice aroma when splitting a few of the bigger splits. Good find.

Reactions: 7acres
Last winter I burned some 7 year old pin oak that was under a shelter and never touched a raindrop. It looked beautiful and burned/put out the heat as well as any oak I had ever burned..........

Reactions: Rebelduckman
Thank him and let him know that you don't mind returning a favor sometime :)

Wow! Congrats.. Sounds like found gold

Status
Not open for further replies.