8th grade pellet research.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fsappo

Minister of Fire
Apr 9, 2008
Central NY
So, a proud mom came into my showroom yesterday to buy 1 bag of Curran softwood pellets. I was curious why only one bag. It turns out her 8th grade son chose a pellet test for his science product. He is going to buy 1 bag each of 10 different pellet that are available locally. (Meniellys, I sent them your way for some Cubex I think.)

I asked her what his plan was. She said he bought a heat gun and was going to measure temps and ash content. Sound familiar? I told her he may also want to measure the fines. ( I gave due credit). I told her all about Hearth.com and wrote the address on the back of her card. I told her that if her son had any questions about the test, or if he simply wanted to post his results, this would be the place to do it.

Anyhow, I was very happy to hear about this going on at a local school, for a few obvious reasons. Hopefully, this kid will be showing up here pretty soon.

There is hope for our schools then! That's good to know they are still making kids think and not just teach them enough to pass a standardized exam.

Status
Not open for further replies.