9/11

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harman Lover 007

Minister of Fire
Good Morning everyone,

Please take just a moment today to reflect on the events of ten years ago today and lets honor and remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice in New York City, Washington, DC and Pennsylvania. Thanks.

Harman Lover 007 said:
Good Morning everyone,

Please take just a moment today to reflect on the events of ten years ago today and lets honor and remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice in New York City, Washington, DC and Pennsylvania. Thanks.

And to the many, many lives and sacrifices of our military men, woman, and their families given and continues on today defending our freedom.

I will be thinking about the 343 brothers I lost 10 years ago, as well as the Port Authority, NYPD and innocent victims of that terrible tragedy.

I know we have a FDNY member here, you are also in my thoughts today.

I'm watching the GMA special on ABC News America Remembers while searching here for pellet info. We will never forget!! Those lost, saved and the ones who sacrificed their own lives.

Harman Lover 007 said:
I will NEVER forget.

And the people of the United States must NEVER forget those we lost on that terrible day, and NEVER forget who it was that attacked us....they will try again if we don't remain vigilant and protect our borders.

The Police, every branch of the Military, Firefighters, EMT's, first responders, and anyone else I may have forgotten to list.....thank you, God bless them all, and God bless the United States of America.

Attachments

• americanflagavatar.gif
    americanflagavatar.gif
    59.7 KB · Views: 217
imacman said:
Harman Lover 007 said:
I will NEVER forget.

And the people of the United States must NEVER forget those we lost on that terrible day, and NEVER forget who it was that attacked us....they will try again if we don't remain vigilant and protect our borders.

The Police, every branch of the Military, Firefighters, EMT's, first responders, and anyone else I may have forgotten to list.....thank you, God bless them all, and God bless the United States of America.

Well said..... We live in the GREATEST COUNTRY on Earth... Thank you.... All of you.

Tens years later I still cannot bring words that describe the level of sympathy I have for anyone who lost family members, friends, co-workers or who witnessed the tragic events first hand other than saying a prayer for your comfort. The level of emotion even just thinking back to that day without even watching it on tv is tremendous and I didn't lose anyone close to me. I can't imagine what it would be like if I had. I/we did lose a swatch of fabric that is part of a big quilt called America which might be lost but will never be forgotten just like any soldier that loses their life to protect our way of life yesterday today or tomorrow.

It is good to know that Bin Laden cannot rejoice on this day.

I know it wasn't this event that hardened us but it seems the recession...and technology and just every day life has evolved into everyone being too busy to offer a friendly wave out on the country roads or a smile and nod in the city or hey thanks for being too busy to hold that door for me for an extra second. Millions of us seemed to have forgotten about the social network called the backyard, the patio table, or tailgate of the truck and only hear or see each other via text messages or Facebook. Fire up the grill and invite a few friends over. Hold that door, acknowledge that person who just made a friendly gesture and offer one back. These are everyday things that make America the wonderful place it is.
God Bless America... If you are a citizen... want to take the steps to be one or are working to be one... this means you!

Countryboymo said:
Tens years later I still cannot bring words that describe the level of sympathy I have for anyone who lost family members, friends, co-workers or who witnessed the tragic events first hand other than saying a prayer for your comfort. The level of emotion even just thinking back to that day without even watching it on tv is tremendous and I didn't lose anyone close to me. I can't imagine what it would be like if I had. I/we did lose a swatch of fabric that is part of a big quilt called America which might be lost but will never be forgotten just like any soldier that loses their life to protect our way of life yesterday today or tomorrow.

It is good to know that Bin Laden cannot rejoice on this day.

I know it wasn't this event that hardened us but it seems the recession...and technology and just every day life has evolved into everyone being too busy to offer a friendly wave out on the country roads or a smile and nod in the city or hey thanks for being too busy to hold that door for me for an extra second. Millions of us seemed to have forgotten about the social network called the backyard, the patio table, or tailgate of the truck and only hear or see each other via text messages or Facebook. Fire up the grill and invite a few friends over. Hold that door, acknowledge that person who just made a friendly gesture and offer one back. These are everyday things that make America the wonderful place it is.
God Bless America... If you are a citizen... want to take the steps to be one or are working to be one... this means you!

Very well said. I couldn't agree more.

Status
Not open for further replies.