9 year old humor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SolarAndWood

Minister of Fire
Feb 3, 2008
Syracuse NY
We are on our way back from our favorite local farmer's U-cut lot and the 4 year old asks what happens to the tree after Christmas. Wife says it goes in the stove. 9 year old chips in "When is the only time Daddy pays for firewood?" ...pause/puzzlement..."Christmas time".

LOL hes learning fast..

Lesson learned !!!

;-)

We taught our kids just a little different. We always put our tree out after Christmas for use of the little critters. A little snow on the tree and it makes a great shelter for rabbits and such.

Kids can be funny! You have a future woodburner on your hands there!
2 years ago we had a "Fresh Air" boy from NYC...on way to pick up pizza(could not understand why it was not being delivered!) and he commented on all the trees here. I said that's because we are "in the country"....he wanted to know what country we were in now!!??

We also just let the local critters make a home with our leftover tree.

smokinjay said:
LOL hes learning fast..

She was pretty amused with herself.

Backwoods Savage said:
We taught our kids just a little different. We always put our tree out after Christmas for use of the little critters. A little snow on the tree and it makes a great shelter for rabbits and such.

My wife likes the big full trees, as wide as they are tall. It isn't too bad going in the door but makes a real mess if you try and push it back out.

muncybob said:
You have a future woodburner on your hands there!

Good laborer too. She probably stacked 2 or 3 cord this fall. The little one is just the opposite, wants to be a princess when she grows up.

Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle said:
Lesson learned !!!

;-)

I didn't know where she was going with it, it is one of life's finer pleasures to watch them grow.

SolarAndWood said:
We are on our way back from our favorite local farmer's U-cut lot and the 4 year old asks what happens to the tree after Christmas. Wife says it goes in the stove. 9 year old chips in "When is the only time Daddy pays for firewood?" ...pause/puzzlement..."Christmas time".

Ya had to get a chuckle out of that solar.

zap

It was a nice 15 year old blue spruce. Probably not many btus in the 2 rounds I got out of it, but they burned well. The rest is out providing wildlife habitat. Can you believe that people actually use plastic trees?

SolarAndWood said:
Can you believe that people actually use plastic trees?
I can believe it. We travel most Christmases and can't take care of a real tree. I have probably a whole cord worth of fake Christmas Trees in my house (wife is a Christmas decorating nut).

Status
Not open for further replies.