90 degree pipe connector to stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ken3698

Jan 14, 2008
Western NY
Tomorrow, I'm picking up my pellet stove and have a question on How to install the 90 degree elbow to the back of the stove. I put a hose clamp on it and tighten it to another pipe(just for trial) but the metal was so hard that the clamp couldn't tighten enough and the other pipe pulled right out...

All my venting is complete except for attaching this 90degree elbow. I'm afraid to just slide it over the pipe coming out of the stove, exspecially when the power vent turns on it will just push the pipe off.

Thanks
ken

ken3698 said:
Tomorrow, I'm picking up my pellet stove and have a question on How to install the 90 degree elbow to the back of the stove. I put a hose clamp on it and tighten it to another pipe(just for trial) but the metal was so hard that the clamp couldn't tighten enough and the other pipe pulled right out...

All my venting is complete except for attaching this 90degree elbow. I'm afraid to just slide it over the pipe coming out of the stove, exspecially when the power vent turns on it will just push the pipe off.

Thanks
ken
use a T clean out and not a 90
RTV silcone and 3 screws

I'm installing a Pellet insert into the fireplace. I already have a T cleanout. The problem is that there is no room for the bottom of the T, So I purchase a 90deg elbow so I could place the T at a slight angle.

After checking, This 90 degree won't fit snug around the "T" end either. I also can't use a screw to hold it since it's double wall.

any more thoughts?

ken3698 said:
I'm installing a Pellet insert into the fireplace. I already have a T cleanout. The problem is that there is no room for the bottom of the T, So I purchase a 90deg elbow so I could place the T at a slight angle.

After checking, This 90 degree won't fit snug around the "T" end either. I also can't use a screw to hold it since it's double wall.

any more thoughts?
Cock the T at a 45 deg and use a 45 deg elbo
Pre drill the pipe and use longer screws or Long pop Rivet

Some stoves require you use a T clean out, some do not. Some you can get a T clean out on and some you can't. Depends on the make of stove you are buying.
Some just require that you connect you chimny liner to the exhaust, example: Harman Accentra Insert.

msmith66 said:
Some stoves require you use a T clean out, some do not. Some you can get a T clean out on and some you can't. Depends on the make of stove you are buying.
Some just require that you connect you chimny liner to the exhaust, example: Harman Accentra Insert.
It is not a requirement

If your insert only has a rear Exhaust they you should use a T
this give you more room for fly ash.

Just a 90 or a sweeping bend of the Stainless flex to the back of your insert is not going to give you any reservoir for fly ash and is going to build up fast
and restrict your exhaust flow in just 25 bags of pellet or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.