90's and A/C last week, 30's and woodstove tonight!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokinPiney

Feeling the Heat
Nov 25, 2008
In the Pines, NJ
Ya gotta love livin in the northeast. Last weekend we had temps in the 90's and i just had to turn the A/C on for a day or two. Now we're droppin into the low 30's tonight. The stove is lit and crankin. Poor thing though it was gonna get some rest!

Same thing here.

Ditto, minus the need for AC.

32 °F here tonight in Icey Hollow.

Murph's already claimed his spot :)

It's the north anywhere. Same here near Ely, same in Siberia, same at 10,000 feet in the Rockies. Farther from the equator, bigger and more sudden the weather/temp swings. But it IS fun to talk about. Weather is one of the best topics ever. :)

Been chilly here too.. Run a load of wood past 2 mornings and the house is warm enough all day after that.. Still getting frost on a regular basis here and had to bring in plants from deck last night..

Ray

90's! Wow! We had 83 for our high and thought that was pretty hot.

Present temperature 41, raining, wind SE 20 gusting to 26.

We did let the stove go out during the day yesterday after a couple days of burning full time and I did not start a fire last night. We paid for that this morning but the stove is cooking now.

We also lost some corn to the freezing weather but still have a fairly decent stand. After this next couple days we'll know for sure what we'll have. The fruit trees took a big hit too.

Yup,
Same thing here in upstate NY. Couldn't sleep it was so hot, so at 11:15 P.M. I was outside turning on the central a/c. This week, had the new insert cranked up. Even with a small fire going it got the family room from 63 degrees to 72 in no time. Almost makes me look forward to winter. (Almost)
Tonight there's a call for snow in the higher elevations. Won't see any where we are though.
One thing nice about the cooler weather is I don't mind splitting. Now that I'm all set for 10/11, I'm starting on 11/12's wood. Trying to get as much done before the heat gets here and stays.

Same in CNY. My wife (being from Brazil) was praying to the sun gods for summer to arrive. The gods giveth and they taketh, she found out. 80 degrees and AC one day and then a few days later (mothers day) 2 inches of snow. She is fit to be tied.

Yea kinda silly that I had to fire up the furnace this morning, luckily I still had some wood in the basement.

Oops should have seen this thread first :-S . Posted to the other thread first! It's cold and wet here Albany airport @10am 39.9 F
Will be firing when I get home to night. Jim Still goofing off at work. ( and the post count still building) ;-)

Nah, it's not your latitude, it's your overall location. We have yet to hit 70 degrees and still have had a fire every day since last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.