96 Yesterday 68 tommorow

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bartlett920

Feb 15, 2008
Fort Scott Kansas
The Gustav aftermath is hitting here in KS and dropping our highs tommorow by about 30 degrees that means low 50s that justifys a fire I believe!!!!

88 yesterday here and now only 63. High tomorrow of 69 they claim

We are starting our goofy September dance. High 80's and low 90's in the daytime and dropping down into the low fifties at night. PITA.

Our September dance is low-mid 70's day, mid-high 30's night. Started cleaning the shop stove chimney today...pulled off the top 18" section of Dura-vent & cap...pretty dirty, but it's all real soft & flaky & cleans right up. Waiting for FEDEX to bring me a couple of brushes & pull rings. Prob'ly be burning in the shop before the end of the month, mornings are already chilly. Still can't even get to the Lopi...all masked off for texturing/painting...then come windows & floors & cabinets & etc., etc., etc. Stay safe, all you East Coasters! Rick

I'll take the cold anyday over the heat.
Was in Manhattan over the weekend and the humidity made it feel like you had just stuck your head in a coal fired pizza oven! Ya I had some while I was there. DAMN I love NYC pizza. Got back home yesterday to 70F and low humidity here in the mountains AND breathable air. It's been in the 40-50 range at night most of the summer here.

COLD + SNOW + WIND - HEAT/HUMIDITY = $$$$$ in my world.

I >:-( humidity! That's why I moved to the high desert...dry as a bone year 'round. 12 years in Northern Virginia was way more than enough for this California-born native son of the golden west. Rick

It was 50 this morning, only 57 now. Starting to see the vine maples changing color. Too darn early in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.