9x10" Chimney - options for 8" insulated or equivalent?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

farmwithjunk

Sep 19, 2022
PA
Masonry chimney had a 6x9 oval liner which I pulled out but it was not insulated. I'm not sure if 8" insulated even with 1/4" would fit or not. I'll dry fit something tomorrow and see.

I know they make square and rectangle liners that would fit perfectly but those all seem to be lightweight .006 thickness and I was looking for .010 or better. Does anyone make a mid weight square or rectangle? Dealer said they never had an issue with lightweight liners.

Only thing I can think of is 8" oval rigid double wall insulated but that gets expensive quick.

Already have a stove ordered so I have to make something work.

Rockford's 7x7.93 (OD) rectangular liner would easily fit with 1/2" insulation and be the correct size but it is only .006.

Oval, insulated DuraLiner comes to mind. Yeah, seems almost anything stove related has gone up ridiculously in price this year.

It's 3/4 of an inch too wide for the last few courses at the top of my chimney. It wouldn't be a big deal to open that up a little wider but I'm not sure at the bottom the last few courses of cinder block it would clear on with as well. I suppose a test fitting is in order first.

Good news I test for 8" round to 8.75 and it fit easily so duraliner 8" round should fit if it's 8 5/8". Looks like Northline is out of stock on the Tee though and only have the oval tee.

Try VentingPro.com and WoodstovePro.com.