A better part of the afternoon on the splitter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WOODBUTCHER

Minister of Fire
Got a chance to bust up my hard earned free scrounging.....It's a good start for 2010/2011.

WoodButcher

Attachments

• WB_freewood.jpg
    WB_freewood.jpg
    340.5 KB · Views: 520
I have 10 cords that need to be done the hrs. are adding up

Thats the best part of owning a splitter. You go out for a few hours and do your thing. Then wait a week to do it again if you feel like it! Hard to tell but I bet you have a cord and a half plus there depending on the depth...

I ran a few loads through the splitter today. I know it was less than a cord cuz I didn't run out of gas. I get about a cord to the tank.

Funny Lligetfa, thats kinda the way I judge too. I figure if I run a tank or two it was productive!

Good job! I need to get out and run my splitter, I have a cord or so that needs to be split. I have to finish cutting some standing dead ash so I've been holding off till I get that done.

All I have left to split is some burly, gnarly, crotch, and crooked pieces that I've put aside. They are a PITA to split and stack. I've got several chunk piles on the go already and the wife served me with a clean up order. I'm thinking I need an outdoor fire pit for a weeny roast.

I've been splitting off and on all summer. The wood shed was completely empty this March, wanted to split enough wood to get a year ahead. Put the splitter away yesterday with about 9 to 10 cords split and stacked. I will post some pictures of my stacks, it will be good to give the splitter (and my back) a break for a while.

Here are the fruits of my weekends scrounge!!

Attachments

• IMG00202.jpg
    IMG00202.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 333
How'd you get that on there? You have a winch on that trailer?

Is that a soft left rear tire or did the suspension bottom out from the angle?

Good work guys.

mcote said:
How'd you get that on there? You have a winch on that trailer?

There is a 12,000# winch on there, and yes the rear tire is a bit soft, the trailer is maxxed out on this load. There's probably 5500 to 6000 lbs on it!

Status
Not open for further replies.