A bit confused Blaze King PEJ 1002 '83

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OffGridApril

Nov 24, 2015
Elgin OR
So we are needing to add a second stove to our cabin which is our full time home. Anyhow I came across this Blaze King Princess model PEJ 1002 '83 and the plate says catalyst stove. Now don't laugh but what do I need to see to verify that this stove is not missing what makes it a cat stove?

If it is, is replacing said parts a possibility with some ease? It's a ways away and we would be trading a meat pig for it (you can probably laugh at that) so she is going to send me a ton more pics tomorrow before I decide to treck down the mountain for it.

Also a trip prior to purchase is not an easy option. It was her mothers stove and it was manufactured in the same town it is in (Walla Walla).

I have found a few manuals that I would have to purchase which I'm slightly hesitant to do prior to making the trade (every dime counts when fixing up an old hunting cabin) so I guess if you know of a free pdf or the like that would be great too! Thanks for letting me ramble! I attached the pic of the info plate and a front shot pic.
received_10206979937090744.jpeg received_10206979938650783.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
OffgridApril,

Manuals are free at our website, BlazeKing.com. Look under "archived manuals".

Is the stove in Walla Walla? You can pm me image's but ask specifically for photos of the inside and inside top of the stove.

As to your question about checking the combustor, the seller (pork lover) will have to do a thorough examination and send you photos.

These units often sell for around $500 or less. If you are in WA STATE, be advised there are special emission standards that must be met.

Caveat Emptor!

OffgridApril,

Manuals are free at our website, BlazeKing.com. Look under "archived manuals".

Is the stove in Walla Walla? You can pm me image's but ask specifically for photos of the inside and inside top of the stove.

As to your question about checking the combustor, the seller (pork lover) will have to do a thorough examination and send you photos.

These units often sell for around $500 or less. If you are in WA STATE, be advised there are special emission standards that must be met.

Caveat Emptor!
Yep the stove is in Walla Walla WA but we live over the Mountain in Oregon. Thanks I'll look into the free manual. They sent quite a few more pics I'll pm what I have to you. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.