1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

a boy and his dad

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by devinsdad, Sep 18, 2010.

1. devinsdad

devinsdad Member

Loc:
    northern NY
    The boy and I went to Limekiln Lake for labor day weekend. Friday evening hike up Bald Mtn. He tired before we got to the summit and rode my shoulders back to the truck. :) The sunny day(Monday) by the lake was our last morning there. It rained most rest of the weekend but was a good trip.

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. roberth42

roberth42 Member

Loc:
    St. Lazare Quebec
    Very cool! Looks like a nice spot........
  3. devinsdad

devinsdad Member

Loc:
    northern NY
    couple more...

Attached Files:

4. devinsdad

devinsdad Member

Loc:
    northern NY
    and the last one

Attached Files:

5. Bxpellet

Bxpellet Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Bronx, NY
    Limekiln lake is that near Moose River Recreation area?
  6. Bobbin

Bobbin Minister of Fire

Loc:
    So. Me.
    I used to love going to the cottage with my Dad for the weekend. It was such fun and many years later I still remember some very special moments we shared. I feel quite certain it was that way for you and your little boy, too. :) I love the roots over the rocks and the care he's using to scramble up the rock.
  7. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    Those pictures brought back some memories and I'm happy you are making some memories for yourself. Warning: the years will fly by fast and soon your son will be a grown man. Cherish those times together.

I can remember climbing some big hills and mountains when our kids were little and I too had to carry one on my shoulders many times but they had fun and so did I.

The picture overlooking the lake reminds me of Lake of the Clouds in Michigan.
  8. devinsdad

devinsdad Member

Loc:
    northern NY
    [/quote]

Limekiln lake is that near Moose River Recreation area?[/quote]

Limekiln Lake is just down the road, outside of Inlet. One of several State campgrounds in the area
  9. devinsdad

devinsdad Member

Loc:
    northern NY
    Warning heeded. I was swamped with work most of the summer and we didn't get to do much together. It is amazing how much he has grown up over the last few months. Now school has started and work has slowed- go figure. Next year I'm not taking on as much work . And you're right the memories made are priceless
  10. Bxpellet

Bxpellet Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Bronx, NY
    That's a great area I hiked and camped that whole area in the 80's, A few years ago I took my boys there, they were 15 and 12 we spent a week, and in 25 years the area is still the same, and I was amazed that all the people we talk to that were camping had been coming there for years and the still remembered the man who stayed in the cabin were you sign in Willard, saying that just retired a few years ago. Enjoyed them when they are young, Do as much as you can with them, Stay involved, I still stay active with them my Avatar pic was taken last week, Work can wait Family is important.