A Cause for Concern?- a problem with my Enviro M55

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SREPLeonard

Jan 15, 2011
Seacoast, NH
Hi All,

I have had the Enviro M55 free standing model installed at my house in our finished basement for just over a month. In that time, we have woken up colder than normal after finding that some time in the night, the high-limit sensor has been tripped on two different occassions. Both times, I have been able to reset the sensor and the stove starts up again without any problems for several weeks. While I am thankful that the sensor trips and the stove shuts down in order to potentially save my family, I am annoyed that it continues to occur... What should be my next step?

Currently burning: The Green Teame pellets

Ash Kisser said:
Hi All,

I have had the Enviro M55 free standing model installed at my house in our finished basement for just over a month. In that time, we have woken up colder than normal after finding that some time in the night, the high-limit sensor has been tripped on two different occassions. Both times, I have been able to reset the sensor and the stove starts up again without any problems for several weeks. While I am thankful that the sensor trips and the stove shuts down in order to potentially save my family, I am annoyed that it continues to occur... What should be my next step?

Currently burning: The Green Teame pellets

I have the same problem with my M55 insert. Talked to my dealer, there is a new auger cover that is supposed to cut down on the heat escaping through there and tripping the high limit switch. He advised me to turn it down a notch until he can get it installed. You may want to talk to your dealer.

Thanks for the info! I will call the dealer today and ask about the new auger cover. What I forgot to mention was that this happens when I have the heat level at 1 or 2!

could be a faulty switch. Only a IR gun could tell for sure...

Does not seem that this is the problem you are having BUT..I was told by the factory that there is a "new" control board to deal with a similar problem. The new board does the following: for example, if you are running your stove with a thermostat or manually and it is running on 4 (just and example) and it is then turned down to 2 the convection blower automatically decreases the volume of air moved. This causes to much heat to remain int he stove and CAN cause the high limit to trip. The new board allows the fan to run at the "4" level for some period of time to help cool the stove and then it goes to the "3" level. Hopes this makes sense. I was also told the "new" auger cover has a significant effect on the problem. Hope this is helpful and understandable. Since the original poster is running on 1 and 2 when this happens I think the auger cover is the answer or maybe a combination of the two.

Are these issues/fixes for all M55's cast & free standing or just the cast unit. I have not seen many issues with the free standing units.
I also have not experienced any burn issues, only a convection blower making an annoying ticking sound.

I just called the dealer and ordered the auger cover. The dealer said man "You know more than we do" so I said join Hearth.com

Status
Not open for further replies.