A cheaper FLIR

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
COOL!?

I ordered one. Said it will ship mid Aug on pre-order. Will report back when it arrives. Looks very promising. Can't wait to see how much cold air leakage I have in my 1959 split level house.

Reactions: Where2
Don't have a smart phone, and their units don't work on my iPod Touch. Oh well....

My home depot now has flir cameras to rent. Maybe they get sold after 2 years like the makita saws.

I just got my Flir one this week. This thing is awesome. Can't wait until the much colder temps to really use it. It really opens your eyes up to leaks in your house. I got a lot of sealing and insulating to do now before winter. A couple random shots I took.

Dryer vent that needs to be sealed.
flir_20151002_T192311.jpg

You can see your ducts right through the walls. I was running the heat pump this morning.
flir_20151003_T070228.jpg

Going to replace these bulbs out to leds. The leds give off practically no heat signature when looking at them with the flir. Was surprised how much heat these cfls gave off. You can see the heat on the ceiling above.

flir_20151001_T181521.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Laszlo
Thanks for posting Brian. There is impressive detail there. More than enough to spot issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.