A Christmas Gift from my Wood Gun!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

avc8130

Minister of Fire
Dec 6, 2010
God's Gift to Gassification
For Christmas Eve my wife and I wind up visiting family all over the area. We knew we would be gone from 9AM until late this evening. So, at 9AM I gave the Wood Gun E180SS the biggest load yet: a legit 2/3 full fire box and crossed my fingers and hoped for a warm house when I returned.

The Wood Gun pulled it off! Merry Christmas to us, 16 hours later we came home to a warm house and a boiler at 155F with enough coals at the bottom to stir it up and reload.

The Wood Gun took 100% care of itself all day. Cycle timer was set for 2 clips/120 mins. Control aquastat: 185F w/ 10F differential.

100% thrilled! I probably could have filled the entire box and made it until tomorrow morning!

1 fire/day...kinda like storage...LOL.

ac

And that's what it supposed to do. Glad you got a nice long burn out of it.
My boiler is cold. I'm burning propane right now. Might just be 'cause I'm in Hawaii for Christmas. :cool: I might just be happier home and feeding the boiler....Nahhhhh!

That's great AC
Same here! The wood gun is amazing.

Woodsrover, I'd much rather be sitting in Hawaii then stuffing wood in the firebox, you should have let me know and I would have gladly switched with you!

Merry Christmas and may your new year be filled with a full firebox and a warm house!

I think next year my Christmas card picture should be this:
IMAG0438.jpg

My wife didn't agree :-(

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL!

I think next year my Christmas card picture should be this:
IMAG0438.jpg

My wife didn't agree :-(

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL!

I didn't think she would!

But you could still make cards like that to send to your buddies only!

I had my avatar as my screen saver on the iphone and my wife just said "really, really"

Don't get so excited. You'll p!ss your pants.
It's working as advertised!

Nice when it re-lights like that. Isn't Mike?! AC, glad to hear it is working good for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.