A christmas score

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WellSeasoned

So my ol' lady and I were christmas shopping tonight. ( I didn't want to, because I'm so sore from todays css' in.) Anyway while shopping, her mom called and said a tree was taken down in her neighborhood, and its free for the grabbin, but just get it before a particular angry wood hoarder does. So we went out on a night mission, and got at least a half a cords worth, many trips back and forth, knowing it would be gone in the morning. We were only able to get half. I'll post better pix tomorrow morning.
2011-12-10204602.gif

Congrats Backwoods, the sickness has set in, you're officially in the CLUB! :snake:

GIBIR

Good work, but there really is no excuse why shopping with your wife should come before firewood scrounging. You should be ashamed of yourself ...LOL

Nice score looks like Ash and Cherry to me! I wonder if the angry wood hoarder is one of us lol..

Ray

Sounds like you nailed it Ray. You are getting pretty good at this!

Good for you for getting this Backwoods.

Ya never know. If so I'm sure I'll here about it. I bucked it all, and moved it to the back and will split it another time. A mans gotta rest sometime.
2011-12-11125103.jpg

Backwoods Savage said:
Sounds like you nailed it Ray. You are getting pretty good at this!

Good for you for getting this Backwoods.

That's because I had a great Sensei Dennis! One of these days I'll get that pebble out of your hand!

:p

Ray

Good looking night-time score. Once your Fiscars has had its rest, it will laugh at those ash rounds.

Nice work Backwoods. Thanks for sharing the pics. Ray, when you go for the pebble, go for it when he is a little off gaurd. When he is splitting some small stuff horizontally! He will be distracted and you can better your odds. ;-) Oh, good luck. You are going to need it to see him doing that. :lol:

Gasifier said:
Nice work Backwoods. Thanks for sharing the pics. Ray, when you go for the pebble, go for it when he is a little off gaurd. When he is splitting some small stuff horizontally! He will be distracted and you can better your odds. ;-) Oh, good luck. You are going to need it to see him doing that. :lol:

Ha! That will be the day!!! Some things are done horizontally but wood splitting is not one of them.

:lol:

You must mean horizontal sanding. Is that all you think about is working with wood Dennis? :)

Attachments

• horizontalsander.jpg
    horizontalsander.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 220
I don't see any Cherry. I thinh there is ash, and the one with the irregular dark center could be HorseChestnut? I am not sure about he Horse Chestnut but it doesn't look like Cherry, at least not black Cherry.

Gasifier said:
:lol:

You must mean horizontal sanding. Is that all you think about is working with wood Dennis? :)

No, I still think about females too.

Wood Duck said:
I don't see any Cherry. I thinh there is ash, and the one with the irregular dark center could be HorseChestnut? I am not sure about he Horse Chestnut but it doesn't look like Cherry, at least not black Cherry.

Nice score. Looks like a round of cherry on top of the first pick, and perhaps a log on the left top. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.