A control to consider

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

in hot water

Jul 31, 2008
SW Missouri
This control has 7 outputs (120V) 3 are variable speed triac relays, 3 relay outputs are standard, one is a dry contact. The V-bus allows a laptop or datalogger to be installed. It can have up to 4 outdoor reset functions (weather compensating)

Irradiation sensor available for drainback, possibly evac tube solar users. Or other clever uses :)

A couple of unique features... a sensor can be used as a thermostat function, and also be used in a delta t function. This could eliminate having to use multiple sensors in one location.
Each output can be programed to enable according to the time of day. Maybe block out the boiler, during the day, when solar or wood is in use?

You can "link" requirements as in switches in series. Maybe a t-stat or vent damper end switch to satisfy first.

It's intended to be a powerful solar controller, but with multiple delta t functions and thermostat functions it should be right at home as a wood boiler, etc control.

No UL at this point, and they read C not F. 120V. I have a sample coming my way, I expect to see them available within a month. List around $900.00. Trade purchasers could use a typical multiplier.

www.resol.de/en/english.shtml

hr

Attachments

• Picture 32.png
    Picture 32.png
    102.8 KB · Views: 299
  • Picture 39.png
    Picture 39.png
    70.4 KB · Views: 258
nofossil said:
Could give the NFCS a run for its money ;-)
Yeah but it costs $900! The arm board has WAY more capability. That box won't be able to host a web server or grab forecasts from the web or control irrigation, etc.

I am not saying there is anything wrong with that unit, just that the nfcs (or a competitor ;^)) has a lot more capability for cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.