a couple of first for me

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remmy122

Jan 7, 2011
East NC
My first BL burn. 3 smallish splits on a hot bed of coals. Holy cow that stuff went off! I was actually getting very nervous about the stove temps. Choked it way down and got some serious blue secondaries (Im color blind so going off Mrs Remmys word, she actually said most were purple) which was another first for me. These were cut to 20" which was another first (most wood is scrounged and all sorts of weird sizes) sure makes a difference in burn times.

I think the folks around here may know a thing or two about burning wood. Thanks for all the help and suggestions!

Remmy122 said:
My first BL burn. 3 smallish splits on a hot bed of coals. Holy cow that stuff went off! I was actually getting very nervous about the stove temps. Choked it way down and got some serious blue secondaries (Im color blind so going off Mrs Remmys word, she actually said most were purple) which was another first for me. These were cut to 20" which was another first (most wood is scrounged and all sorts of weird sizes) sure makes a difference in burn times.

I think the folks around here may know a thing or two about burning wood. Thanks for all the help and suggestions!

Very nice!

Great firewood! Sounds like you read up on burning it too. Good job. A C

Keep your wood dry !
Nice heat too I bet :)
Pictures?

Most of my next year is black locust. I hope I am as happy. Never had so much at one time.

pen

Status
Not open for further replies.