1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

A couple of MT Vernon AE Questions......

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by LMPS, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Harvey Schneider

Harvey Schneider Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southbury, CT
    I don't know how your temperatures can drop that fast. You must have some serious heat losses.
    One more thing to suggest. Set the heat differential to 1.5 degrees (or maybe even 1 degree). That will have the stove correct temperature errors more quickly.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. LMPS

LMPS Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Coastal, Maine
    Your right sorry got confused with changing the altitude adjustment.

Yes lost 2.5 degress. I am starting to really think an energy audit needs to be done as I agree I am losing a lot of heat and it looks like more an more its my house. Yes when its cold out 2 bags is normal, real cold 2.5 to 3.

I can do this but I am calling for it to 75 degrees and it never reaches it so the stove does not shut down because it is satisfying the thermostat, it is only shutting down to auto clean.

The house was 69 when I got up this morning but it was 27 which is up from 11.4 when I went to bed.
    The changes Harvey and Oldmountvernon have suggested have helped as I said at this point I think its more my house.
  3. smoke show

smoke show Guest

ya i got r30 batts with a chit load of blown in on top. blown in the walls too can't remember the r value...
  4. LMPS

LMPS Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Coastal, Maine
    I will give a try
  5. Eatonpcat

Eatonpcat Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Eaton Township, Ohio
    Wow... you mt vernon fellas really need to work to keep the house warm!
  6. smoke show

smoke show Guest

Not this one.
    Eatonpcat likes this.